Bombay Chutney is besan chutney made from gram flour. This is simple chutney recipe and easy chutney recipe which normally eaten with idli and dosa.
Cooking Time: Appr. 20 Minutes
Serves: 4-5 People
½ cup Gram Flour (Besan)
1 large onion
1 large tomato
2 green chillies
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
4-5 curry leaves
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
¼ teaspoon Asafetida (hing)
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Take gram flour in a large bowl and in two cups of water; mix and dissolve well to avoid being lumpy.
2. Chop onion, green chillies and tomato.
3. For cooking chutney heat the oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafetida; when mustard and cumin seeds crackles, add curry leaves, chopped green chilli and stir for few seconds then add chopped onion and stir and cook till onion turn to transparent.
4. Add chopped tomato, salt, turmeric powder and cook till tomato gets soft.
5. Add dissolved gram flour and mix well; add some more water if needed as gram flour will start cooking and taking place in the pan. All depends how thick the Bombay chutney you want.
6. Cook in a low heat for few minutes; stir constantly till the gram flour is cooked well.
7. Finally turn off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve Bombay Chutney Recipe with batata vada, chappati, idli, dosa or any snacks.