Bhindi Masala Recipe (Okra Masala) is cooked okra (bhindi) with onions, tomatoes and masala.
Cooking Time: Appr. 25 Mins
Serves: 2 Persons
250g bhindi (okra)
2 medium red onions
2 large tomatoes
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2-3 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash and wipe the okra and trim both ends. Cut in small pieces.
2. Chop the onions and tomatoes.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
4. When the seeds crackle, add chopped onions. Fry until it gets lightly brown. Stir in between to avoid chopped onions sticking to the pan.
5. Now add okra pieces. Cook for 8-10 mins on medium to high heat. Stir in between to avoid chopped onions and okra sticking to the pan.
6. Then add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Cook it for further 5 mins.
7. Add the lemon juice and salt. Cook bhindi masala for further 2-3 mins. Keep stirring every often.
8. Finally turn the heat off.
Serve bhindi masala recipe with chapatti or dal-rice as a side dish.