Besan Wali Bhindi is basically Okra cooked with gram flour. Besan Wali Bhindi is a simple side dish.
Cooking Time: App. 25 Minutes
Serves: 2 People
350 gram fresh Okra (Bhindi, lady’s fingers or gumbo)
100 gram gram flour
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 small tomato
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
How To Cook Besan Wali Bhindi:
1. Wash okra and pat dry in kitchen towel.
2. Cut the top and bottom end of okra. Cut it in 2 halves and cut it in 3 pieces of each okra (See the 1st Picture).
3. Now chop the tomato.
4. Heat the oil in the pan and add the mustard seeds. Wait until it crackles.
5. Now add the okra and cook it for 10 mins and keep stirring it.
6. Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Stir for 2 mins
7. Add the chopped tomato and lemon juice and cook it for another 2 min.
8. Now add the gram flour and mix everything together and keep stirring the mix for 2-3 mins on medium heat.
9. Cook it for another 7-8 mins and then turn the heat off.