Baingan Bharta Recipe is mashed aubergine (eggplant) cooked with spices. Baingan Bharta Recipe is a very popular side dish in Punjab and it is usually served with roti.
Cooking Time: Appr. 45 Minutes
Serves: 2 People
1 Aubergine (Eggplant should be big and fat)
1 green chili
1 teaspoon crushed ginger
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoons oil
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon chopped coriander to garnish
How To Cook Baingan Bharta Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven at 220 degrees Celsius and bake whole aubergine for about 30 minutes in a baking tray. Or Cook the whole aubergine (in microwave safe dish) in microwave for 8 to 10 minutes until it is tender.
2. Let it cool and peel off the skin then chop in small pieces and mashed it, keep aside for baingan bhartha recipe.
3. Crush the ginger and chop the green chilli.
4. Heat the oil in a pan on and add the mustard seeds.
5. When the mustard seeds crackles, Add the crushed ginger and chopped green chilli.
6. After a minute add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander and salt. Stir it well.
7. Then add the mashed aubergine and mix it well with the spices.
8. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes then turn the heat off. Let the bharta stand for few mins before serving.