Aubergine Sweet Potato Curry is cooked with aubergine (eggplant), sweet potatoes, potatoes, green peas, tomatoes and ground spices.
Cooking Time: Appr. 30 Minutes
Serves: 3-4 People
1 big aubergine (eggplant)
2 large sweet potatoes
2 medium potatoes
½ cup green peas (frozen or fresh)
2 large tomatoes
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
¼ teaspoon asafoetida powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon coriander powder
3 tablespoon oil
Sat to taste
Water as needed
1. Wash the aubergine (eggplant) and cut in pieces.
2. Peel the potatoes and sweet potatoes and cut in pieces.
3. Chop the tomatoes.
4. Heat the oil in a pan or pressure cooker. Add the cumin and mustard seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida powder.
5. Add the cut vegetables to the pan/pressure cooker. Stir well and cook for 3-4 mins.
6. Add the chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and cook until oil gets separated on sides. It will take about 4-5 mins.
7. Add some water (or as much as you want in curry) and cook on medium heat until all vegetables are cooked well. It will take about 20 mins to cook. If you are cooking in the pressure cooker, cook for 4 whistles.
Serve the aubergine sweet potato curry hot or warm with naan bread, chapatti, paratha or rice.
You can also add the garlic-ginger paste to aubergine sweet potato curry after the seeds crackle. It will give flavour to aubergine sweet potato curry.
You can overcook this aubergine sweet potato curry. It will help to blend all flavours together and will make gravy thicker.