Aloo Paratha Recipe is northern indian flatbread recipe. It normally can be eaten with plain yogurt or raita and also accompanied with main meal.
Cooking Time: Appr. 5 Minute Each Paratha
Serves: 4-5 People
1 cup wheat flour
1 tablespoon oil
½ teaspoon Salt
Water as needed
For Paratha Stuffing:
2 medium size potatoes
2 green chillies
½ teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
Salt to taste
1. Boil the potatoes and mashed it once it cools down. Chop the chillies.
2. Add the turmeric powder (optional), salt, chopped chillies and coriander to potatoes mashed. Mix it properly.
3. Boil the water in the kettle for the dough of paratha.
4. Take flour in one big bowl. Add salt and mix it. Make the hole in the middle of the flour and add oil and mix it with hand.
5. Now make one hole again in the middle of the flour. Add some boiled water and mix it with spoon as it will be too warm to touch with hand.
6. Add some more water and keep mixing with spoon. Do not add too much water as you need to maintain the consistency to form the mix.
7. After few mins you can use your hand to mix it properly and make it smooth dough. All flour should be turned into dough.
8. Now take a small bit, a size of a lemon. Press in between your hands and dip both sides in the wheat flour.
9. Roll on the rolling pin (roller). If you need more flour for rolling, dip the dough ball in the flour as without flour the dough might be sticky.
10. Keep rolling until it gets 3 times bigger than original dough size.
11. Now add the potato mashed on the middle of rolled chapatti. Now seal the potato mashed from the edge of chapatti and make a ball.
13. Sprinkle some flour on the top and bottom of paratha ball and roll it until it get full size.
14. Heat the heavy based frying pan.
15. Gently lift the paratha and put in the heated pan. Turn it over in 30 secs. Add the oil with the spoon on the edge of the paratha and cook it for 1 mins. Now again turn it over and cook it for another 30 secs.
16. Now take it out from the pan and do the same with the rest dough. It normally takes around 2-3 mins to cook one paratha.
There is another way to make aloo paratha recipe. Roll two small chapatti, add potato mashed on one chapatti and cover with other one then seal it properly. Now roll to make full size paratha then follow above steps for shallow frying.